Sat 29 Apr 3.00pm - 5.00pm
Price: £5.00 | Students £2.50 Student
With over 50 years of experience behind him, John will wow us with a thoroughly enjoyable seminar all about "Thinking Inside the Box", and how doing so has shaped his journey as a photographer and visual sociologist.
With visual support from over 180 of his own images, John will talk about the following areas:
- A little bit about his history
- The use of digital and non-digital lenses
- Giving existing expression a further dimension
- Ordering negative and positive space
- The benefits of different format thinking
- Projecting a constant mind-set
- The real, the unreal, and the surreal
- Creating that "iconic" image.
- The door to yesterday and beyond
About John Benton-Harris
New York City born John Benton-Harris has recieved global recognition in the photographic world. He started out in the early 60's where he completed a diploma in commercial photography and also recieved a scholarship to attend Alexey Brodovitch's now legendary "Design Laboratory".
From then on his life was dedicated to photography in many different forms, from photography in the military, to shooting for London Life Magazine, to lecturing at art schools and universities both here and in the USA just to name a few of many.
Today, John finds himself in London and is fascinated by the English way of life. With his passion still strong and life-long dedication for photography undeterred, John is still engaged in stopping, holding, informing and entertaining us with his minded visual perception.
To see more of John's work, click here.
Student ID must be presented on the day of the event.